Monday, September 8, 2008

The Simple Woman's Daybook

For Today...

Outside my Window...
a completed fence!  Our neighbors have been so patient with us over our fence. It took just about all summer for us to get it up because of Darin’s work schedule, and our permit issues with the town.  Darin and I kept hoping that our dog would take the opportunity that no fence afforded to run away, but I guess she loves us  too much, cause she resisted temptation for the most part, and stayed in the backyard, God bless her.

I am thinking...that my desk is driving me crazy.  I’ve got my new sewing project here, a ream of cardstock, misc. paperwork that needs to be filed, Ben’s Greek books that I still need to make a schedule for, receipts, CDs, a box of file folders that I bought to make lapbooks with Henry…….

From the learning rooms...things are going well!  We’re still working on last year’s Language Arts, but we’re just about done.  Jack is finally figuring out that it does him no good to take one hour to memorize one small scripture verse, or to do one worksheet for Math.  Lydia is still thrilled with her Teaching Textbooks.  Ben is about to begin Pre-Algebra.  He has one lesson left in the Teaching Textbooks Math 7.

I am thankful for...Football season!  I grew up in a football home.  I wasn’t an overly active participant in all the fun, but the sound of the game on the t.v. on a Sunday afternoon became one of those “comfort” sounds.   

From the kitchen...I’m trying to slow things down in the kitchen lately.  There’s so much going on around here during the day that I don’t always have time for anything elaborate.  I’m going to do easy stuff this week like tacos, spaghetti….

I am reading...still working on More Than Dates and Dead People.  I think I only read two or three pages of it this past week.

Darin and I are still reading St. Bartholomew’s Eve by G.A. Henty.  This was one of the kid’s favorite history read alouds last year, so I wanted Darin to hear it.  He’s slowwwwly warming up to it.  There’s a lot of set-up at the beginning.

I am hoping...to get my desk cleaned off this week.  That would include making a schedule for Ben’s Greek studies.  Those books will stay here until I do.

I am creating...plans….seems my brain never stop, but my body does.  ;-)  I make more plans than I could ever accomplish in 24 hours.

I am hearing...Sophia playing with her sippy cup on the floor.  She's learning to drink from it, but loves to play with it more than anything at this point.  Jack is out in the backyard hitting something with a stick.

Around the house... Monday is coming in like a lion.  I’ve had a minor cold this weekend that left me tired out, so the normal chores I do on the weekends did not get done.  The important thing was that breakfast, lunch and dinner were all served, mostly thanks to Darin.  What a guy he is.

One of my favorite things... is going for a walk around the block with Darin after the kids have gone to bed.  Our dog, Joy, walks along with us.

A Few Plans For The Rest Of The Week... Ben has an orthodontist appointment, Sophia has her 9-month well-check, I’m hoping to meet a pal at Starbucks for a long overdue chat about life, and Darin and I are going to a 40th birthday party.  Should be fun.

Here is a picture thought I am sharing with you...


At the Dallas World Aquarium

5 comments:

  1. I enjoyed getting a glimpse of your day!


    You mentioned, Joy, your dog -- we have a Joy too -- but she's a rabbit :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the picture!

    marye


    http://www.simplyhomeremedies.com/the-simple-womans-daybook-sept-8

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the 'Bibleman' cape! and the fact that he's wearing it out in public! I love that kids are so carefree!

    Sounds like we both might have a coffee night in our week!

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. we need to replace a broken fence, trouble is next doors garden is about 3 feet lower than ours, which makes for interesting fence post issues.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sandpiper, he has also been known to go to the library dressed up as Spiderman. ;-)

    ReplyDelete